The WSISD Child Nutrition Department mission is to provide assistance to the educational process, while serving nutritious, high quality, affordable meals that exceed our customer’s expectations. Encouraging and supporting healthy behavior in a fun, and friendly environment.
- To offer, nutritious appetizing meals.
- To serve a variety of interesting foods that will help the child extend his/her list of acceptable foods.
- To educate the students and general public in a good nutrition and good food habits.
- To maintain safe, sanitary conditions for food preparation resulting in a product of the highest possible quality.
- To encourage each employee of the Child Nutrition Department to become a professional dedicated to the cheerful service of the community.
- To conduct this program in an economical, business-like manner at a minimum expense to the student and taxpayer.To comply with all local, state and national guidelines for the school Child Nutrition Department.